Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Daily Feast Devotional - By His Stripes

Daily Feast Devotional from JesusWired.com

"By His Stripes"
by David C. Coleman

"But He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his stripes we are healed." (Isaiah 53:5)

Christ took the punishment for all the wicked things you and I have ever done. He died for the sins of the world. The way to benefit from that sacrifice is to acknowledge the sacrifice and accept the fruit of it (which is spiritual FREEDOM). If I could go back, would I choose to live my life differently? For sure. But all I can do now is seek to get right with God by confronting my sinful nature, turning away from improper thoughts and actions, and moving forward into the fullness of life. The truth is, Christ ALREADY forgave every sin we have ever committed or ever will commit in the future. It was complete upon His death. The forgiveness is there just waiting for us to receive. All we need to do is simply receive it. We don't need to dwell on our past. We don't need to steep ourselves in our transgressions. We don't need to say 100 Hail Marys. All we need to do is press into God and receive forgiveness and healing. The bible says, "abide in Me and I will abide in you." (John 15:4) More simply, "remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."

Father God, I repent of my wicked ways. I realize I have fallen short beyond measure, for holiness is the standard by which I am measured. I realize the only way to receive forgiveness is through a sin sacrifice. In your son Jesus Christ, you have provided just that - an unblemished, blameless and holy sacrifice surrendered in my place. He endured unimaginable pain so that I wouldn't have to. So I ask that you fill me with your Holy Spirit. Remove the things in me that don't belong and fill me with righteousness. Build me into the person you want me to be. I choose to receive the forgiveness that has been waiting there all along. I choose to turn away from the things that have been holding me back. I will forever be your humble servant. In the name above all other names - Jesus Christ - amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment