Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Daily Feast Devotional - We Can Boldly Enter Heaven's Most Holy Place

Daily Feast Devotional from JesusWired.com

“…We can boldly enter heaven’s Most Holy Place…”
by David C. Coleman

“And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven’s Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God’s house, let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ’s blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water." - Hebrews 10:19-22

They say there are two things that are certain in this life – death and taxes. I submit to you the fact that they missed one other critical certainty – the fact that we will either decide to accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior or reject Him as a fraud. Of course, we don’t have control over death and taxes, but we do have a choice when it comes to making a decision for Christ. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” We did not choose to be born, nor will we choose when our final breath will occur. But we can choose our destination before that final day comes. For those of you who are familiar with tax returns, the government has set in place a very complex set of rules by which we must live. We must pay our taxes every year, and the forms we must fill out can be overwhelming at times. But Jesus has given us a very simple “form” to fill out. On the form Jesus presents to each and every one of us, He asks “do you believe I came to earth as a man, lived, died, and was resurrected from the grave in order to pay the price for your sinful nature so that you may have eternal life in heaven?” It’s a “yes” or “no” question. There are no complex calculations or confusing clauses. It’s simply a matter of faith. The Jewish Messiah was prophesied hundreds and hundreds of years prior to Christ’s birth. There were over one hundred very precise stipulations that needed to be met in order to fulfill the prophecies. He met EVERY ONE. In addition, after His death on the cross, there were over 500 confirmed witnesses to Jesus being alive after His death and resurrection. Many of those witnesses were executed because they would not recant what they’d seen with their own eyes. Jesus is not asking us to lay down our lives to attest to this fact. He’s simply asking us to step out in faith and trust in Him. It’s a simple choice – “yes” or “no”. Do you believe Jesus Christ is alive? Do you believe He was raised from the dead? Do you believe He conquered death in order to pay the price for your sin and my sin? If so, you can be assured that you will have everlasting life in heaven. If you deny Jesus as Savior, that choice will lead to eternal damnation and torment. If you would like to know Jesus as your personal Savior but do not yet know Him, say this simple prayer from your heart:

Dear Lord Jesus, I come before You now and ask You to forgive my sin. I believe that You were crucified on the cross and that You rose from the dead three days later. I believe that Your death was a sacrifice made on my behalf. I ask You to come into my heart and mold me into Your image. I pray that any attempts by the devil to deter me from this decision or from following You will be bound by your Holy Spirit. I pray Your victory into my life this very day. I pray for protection by Your angels as I seek to follow You daily. Although I am not perfect, I know that, because I’m humbling myself before You and thanking You for Your forgiveness, You are faithful and just to forgive me of those sins. Help me grow into Your image, Jesus. Help me to become more like You. Help me learn to love like You do. Help me learn to forgive like You do. Help me learn to give and serve like You do. I thank You for Your sacrifice, Jesus, and ask that You use me to affect others for the sake of Your kingdom. Change my life radically starting this very day. I love You and thank you, Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment